The journey to senior living can be clouded by myths, misperceptions and stigmas.
During this episode of the Legacy Lamp podcast, Legacy Care nurse practitioners Joanne Sproule & Jennifer Ladeveze were joined by Jenny Do, LNHA executive director at Bickford Senior Living in Suffolk, Va. discuss:
- Joyful Living: Fellowship, safety, homecooked meals, low maintenance living & other benefits
- Early Bird: Don’t wait! See for yourself by touring early before high-pressure rush
- Surprise Visits: How unscheduled drop-ins can be revealing
- Choices: Aging in place, independent living, assisted living & memory care
- Early Detection: Burning meals, wandering, declining hygiene and other warning signs that additional support is needed
- Passionate Advocates: First-hand accounts from those who choose careers in geriatrics