When you’re released from the hospital after a procedure or medical event, the first few weeks that follow can make or break your healing.
Legacy Care’s new Transitional Care Management care model provides 1:1 support for patients at high risk for returning to the hospital because of an unforeseen complication. In this episode of the Legacy Lamp podcast, Yolanda Hoag, ACNPC-AG, Legacy Care’s transitional care advanced practice provider, and Julie Miller, AGPCNP-C, Legacy Care’s Chief Compliance Officer, discuss how TCM:
- Crushes Care Gaps: including communication breakdowns among patient care teams
- Breaks Discharge Boomerang: reduces the need for a patient to return to the hospital because of an unforeseen complication after a procedure or medical event
- Predicts Patient Outcomes: blends technology, data analytics, artificial intelligence & evidence-based protocols customized for each patient
- Empowers Patients: teamwork helps get patients engaged, educated & on the path to a smooth recovery
- Shreds Cost: eliminates expensive patient readmission fees